Friday, May 24, 2013

One of the Most Unexpected Things In My Life




I was canoeing down snake river in the Tetons with my brother(Lochlan), my dad, and my friend's dad, Mr. Kile. We kept hearing and seeing things that we wouldn't normally hear or see like beavers slapping their tales on the water, and elk making sounds in the forest next to us. It was evening time and it was getting dark.



         As we rounded a corner, we saw something white floating in the water. We got closer, and closer. We were very close when I finally made it out. It was a Trumpeter Swan! 




(Trumpeter Swans are very big, white birds. They are the heaviest birds native to North America. They were hunted down to nearly extinction in the 19th century and early 20th century.) I couldn't belief my eyes! It is rare for anyone to see a real, wild Trumpeter Swan.
         We decided to follow it! It started swimming. In about 2 minutes cars were lined up on the side of the road taking pictures!
         I'll never forget that day.

          -Mason Benintendi





                                                                 

1 comment:

  1. Mason, Your blog is very enjoyable to read! You have a great talent with words and describing your experiences. Keep it up and we'll keep reading! love, the d'Elseaux's

    ReplyDelete